Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Apple Foundations Training Day #2

   The second day of AFT was filled with so much information as well as some technical difficulties. Even though I was having several issues with getting my iPad to sync to the internet and to just cooperate with me, I learned a lot from these challenges. I can't tell you how many times I have run into technical issues in my class, and often times, in the middle of a lesson. Technology is great, but we can't always rely on the fact that it will always work 100% of the time. I think a part of being a good teacher is being able to adapt to any circumstances or challenges that come up on the fly. Adaptability is so important in our field! So, even though I had some problems yesterday, I was reminded of this important lesson. I call that a win! 

    I was able to produce a fun introduction slideshow for my grammar unit. My focal point for this training is grammar. Even though it is such an important skill to learn, grammar can be very boring to students. I'm trying to figure out a way to make students see the importance of learning how to speak and write correctly in a fun way. I'm not quite sure exactly how to do that, but I'm having fun experimenting with different ideas this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment