Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Apple Foundations Training Day #3

     I don't know how everyone else feels about Powerpoint, but I think it is so ten years ago! I try to avoid Powerpoint, because I can see the effect they have on students. It's like the moment you pull up a Powerpoint, the eyes of the students sitting in front of you glaze over. Today in AFT, we have been focusing on all things Numbers, Keynote, and Pages. Since I am forcing myself to just focus on English during this training, I focused primarily on Pages and Keynote. My head is
still spinning from all the different ideas I have with using these two tools in the classroom. I think of them as a Microsoft revamping, and I LOVE it!

     The first thing I worked on today bulldozing and rebuilding my very "wordy" parent letter for the beginning of school. I have included my "before" and "after" below.

   
Before
After
                           
     This afternoon, I really started to dig into grammar curriculum. I decided to ditch the whiteboard, Powerpoints, and worksheets and dive straight into creating a presentation using keynote. After lots of playing and toying around, I finally produced my intro lesson to my nouns unit. It's far from perfect, but I'm learning to be okay with imperfection. 

Until tomorrow!
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment