Monday, July 7, 2014

Apple Foundations Training Day #4

     When people talked about creating iBooks, I always thought "How in the world do they have time for that?" Creating a whole book just to teach a certain lesson differently seemed a little drastic. When the tech trainers told us that we would be creating iBooks in day #4 of AFT, I was forced to actually look at the app. I'll be honest, I liked what I saw! I still was skeptical, though. I was trying to figure out how I could possibly use it in my classroom, and it still seemed like a  whole lot of work. I put my headphones in, grabbed my English curriculum, and went to town. A couple hours later, I had this amazing grammar book that was both interactive and FUN!

     My goal for this AFT is to try to make grammar more entertaining and meaningful for my students. I think that iBooks could be a valuable piece of this puzzle. I never want to be a teacher that tells students to open up their books and lecture them on things that are right in front of them. I'm just not that type of teacher. I'm still not an expert in all things iBook, but I'm excited to start using it in my classroom.

Until next time,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment