Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Apple Foundations Training Day #5 and Day #6


    As my time in the Apple Foundations Class comes to a close, it's hard for me to process through all of the thoughts and ideas that I have after all of this. I have learned so much, and I am in a whirlwind of ideas and project pieces.

     Today, I was challenged after watching this video about how we really should think about technology in our classrooms. I was encouraged by the emphasis on quality teaching, and that technology without good lessons is meaningless. If you have some time, I would highly encourage you to watch and re-watch the video below. Prepare to be inspired.





     I created a presentation using Haiku Deck with some of my thoughts after watching the video. Feel free to check it out!

Educational Challenge- Haiku Deck
   
     I am so very grateful that I work for a district that offers not only the technology you need to support your classroom, but also offers the professional development needed to really understand and utilize these great pieces of technology correctly.

     Education is changing and changing fast. Even though it is a little scary to think about where we will be even in the next two years, I hope that we decide to view these changes as exciting. Just think about all the new ways we can reach kids and really prepare them for the future. Each year, we are entrusted with developing and challenging several world-changers. I don't know about you, but I don't think we can afford to take this huge responsibility lightly.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! You did a great job with the Haiku Deck project!

    ReplyDelete